LESLEY FOUNTAIN STUDIO RELOCATION! Back in Mill Bay Studio and Opening October 22nd

 "There is Love in Holding and There is Love in Letting Go"
 Altered Book


I am experiencing deja vu all over again...


So I made the decision to close my Mill Bay studio, and after many trips back and forth in my car I ended up with a beautiful studio space on the waterfront in Cowichan Bay. See below, she says in a wistful tone. 

BUT...(yes, there is a but)...much to my chagrin, after teaching in said beautiful space for several weeks I came to the sad conclusion that it just wasn't big enough for me to work in or teach in. Luckily I was able to move back into my Mill Bay studio in Pioneer Square Mall, so I loaded up the car again (and again, and again) and back it all came, out of my pretty little space by the bay.




My Mill Bay studio is not pretty, it is functional. LOTS of wall space to paint, lots of table space to work on mixed media projects, lots of floor space if you feel a dance coming on. It was a tough decision for me to make, as I really loved my Cowichan Bay studio, but as a wise friend of mine said to me (and yes, it does seem pretty obvious but I needed to hear it in just that way on just that day ) - "You have to think about what you want to DO in the space." I want to fling paint without worrying about the walls and floor getting messy. I want to sing without the neighbours complaining. I want to dance without knocking over shelves of paint.

Sometimes pretty isn't all it's cracked up to be. Give me function any day.



SO! I will be re-opening my Mill Bay space (on the lower floor of the Pioneer Square Mall on the corner of the TCH and the Mill Bay/Shawnigan Road) on Wednesday, October 22nd for the Wednesday evening drop in session  - 6 - 8 pm, 35.00 per session or 4 for 120.00, includes all supplies for a variety of mixed media and small painting projects, tea, and chocolate. I hope you can join me!

lesleyfountainstudio@gmail.com
778-676-2346



Comments