Dreaming of Paris...for a little while longer

DREAMING OF PARIS

As many of you may know, I had a plan to go to Paris solo this spring. I have my journal, my comfy walking shoes, my brand new suitcase, and my e-reader all ready to go. I have narrowed down my apartments of choice to about 5, and found the best deals on airfare, BUT a funny thing happened as I was blissfully planning my European getaway - my creative life exploded! Within a couple of weeks over Christmas, and quite out of the blue, I found myself saying YES to renting not one but two spaces to create, teach, and exhibit my art and other artist's work - a very, very long time dream of mine. (Ask my sister.) One space is in a funky and fabulous spot in Cowichan Bay, right on the water - it is half gallery, half studio/workshop, and is perfect for teaching a multitude of classes with that gorgeous view right out the door.

I am now part owner of Tangerine Dream Gallery and Studio with talented textile artist and good friend Pipi Tustian. Together we are teaming up with sculptor Emily Morgan, who formerly ran Emily Morgan Studio out of the space, to exhibit our work and the work of many other talented artists and artisans. Pipi and I will also be working in the studio space, so come on by and see us! We have a long list of ideas for workshops and classes, with many guest instructors, so let us know if you have an idea for a class you would like to attend, or one you would like to teach. 

We want the space to be a bright and welcoming gathering place for people to let their creative hair down. Cowichan Bay has become a destination spot on Vancouver Island. There are great hotels and B&B's, whale watching, kayaking, and now art classes on offer in the bay, as well as loads of eclectic little shops and eateries to visit, and local wineries to tour. Think of the possibilities for fun weekends in the bay! My other studio/teaching space is a larger, more utilitarian space called Shine Art Studio. 

This space is ideal for getting into bigger, messy projects, like some of the drippier, wetter painting, collage, or paper mache projects, or for classes that require more room to spread out. I will be teaching Passionate Intuitive Painting classes here, because the last thing you want to worry about when you are passionately flinging paint about is being careful with the walls and floor! Both places will have music and laughter, and 100% acceptance and support of everyone's creative process. Both spaces will be places for you to shine your light.

So as you can see, Paris and I will have to wait just a tiny bit longer to meet, but my bag will remain packed, and I will continue to DREAM OF PARIS.

Comments